IMMIGRANT WOMEN’S INTEGRATION NETWORK
The vision of The Immigrant Women’s Integration Network (I-WIN) is for immigrant women in Edmonton to quickly access the tools they need; allowing them to achieve their goals and participate fully in Canadian economic, cultural and social life. This will look different for each woman, but it is rooted in the power of joining together to pool experience, knowledge and resources. The goal of I-WIN is to empower women to create the lives they envision for themselves in Canada. This is achieved by connecting women to each other and to the broader community; energizing and supporting women in their journey, and providing them with the tools to realize their talents and passions.
WHAT WE OFFER
Graduates of I-WIN benefit from:
- Increased confidence in decision making and participating in networking activities
- Tools for participation in the Canadian workforce including improved interview and job search skills
- Access to volunteering, educational or employment opportunities
- Membership in an active alumni network of professional immigrant women in Edmonton
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK
As a group, I-WIN participants will explore and learn about job search, resume, interview skills, Canadian culture, personal wellness and so much more! Class lectures, discussions, guest speakers and networking activities will set the foundation for participants to be successful in achieving their employment and personal goals in Edmonton. Each cohort is together for multiple weeks providing ongoing support. The program is offered numerous times throughout the year, so please contact us for information about the next group in your area. Childminding is available.
WHO CAN ACCESS THESE SERVICES?
Candidates must fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Possess education or professional experience in their home countries
- Be a female permanent resident and resident of Alberta
- Possess language proficiency of Canadian Language Benchmark 4 or higher in speaking and listening
WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
I-WIN is offered by EMCN at the Welcome Centre for Immigrants, Suite 200, Tower II, Millbourne Mall, 7609 38 Ave Millwoods Road NW.
HOW TO ACCESS SERVICES
Contact the Program Coordinator for a screening interview for one of the upcoming sessions or register online here: Registration Form, and an I-WIN staff member will contact you directly.