Make winter work to your advantage - resist the urge to stay indoors and instead try a new activity! Wintergration is a program for newcomers to Edmonton who would like to try out fun, outdoor winter activities.
WHAT WE OFFER
Wintergration provides many benefits including:
- Meeting new people and having fun
- The chance to get outdoors and be active
- Opportunity to learn about and try popular Canadian activities
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK
A variety of family events are held throughout the winter, such as tobogganing, cross-country and downhill skiing, skating, snowshoeing, river valley walks and curling. All equipment is provided so participants are able to have a hands-on winter recreation experience. While there is no cost to attend, participants must wear warm winter clothes.
WHO CAN ACCESS THESE SERVICES?
- Wintergration activities are open to everyone, but some activities are not suitable for very young children.
WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
At various locations around the city.
HOW TO ACCESS SERVICES
Some activities are on a drop-in basis while others require registration in advance. To find out about the next Wintegration event, please contact the Community Coordinator.
- Saturday, January 30th: Sledding
- Monday, February 15th: Scavenger Hunt (online)
- Saturday, March 6th: Feeding birds in the river valley
* All events are contingent on COVID restrictions