ACCOUNTANTS’ BRIDGING PROGRAM
Delivered in partnership with the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT), the Accountants’ Bridging Program assists internationally educated accountants to obtain professional accreditation and gainful employment in the accounting field in Canada.
WHAT WE OFFER
Graduates of Accountants’ Bridging Program benefit from:
- Increased and refreshed accounting knowledge
- Awareness of Canadian standards, laws, workplace norms and expectations
- Ability to more effectively communicate in the English language in the professional workplace
- Increased computer skills in the areas of MS Office and Simply Accounting
- Awareness of the labour market trends and increased ability to conduct a successful job search
- Professional recognition and membership in a Canadian association recognized worldwide
- Certification from NAIT with 14 of 20 courses towards NAITs Accelerated Accounting Diploma
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK
This program is delivered once yearly beginning in September to 20 eligible newcomers. The program is full time, for 12 months in duration and includes:
- Four months in-class at EMCN enhancing business communication and Canadian Workplace Skills
- Six months in-class at NAIT acquiring certification with 14 of 20 courses towards an Accelerated Accounting Diploma
- Two months of supported job search
WHO CAN ACCESS THESE SERVICES?
Candidates must fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Graduate of a degree program from an international institution with significant study and experience in the accounting field
- Unemployed or marginally employed
- Permanent resident or new Canadian Citizen; resident of Alberta
- Language proficiency of Canadian Language Benchmark 6 or higher in all areas: reading, writing, speaking and listening
- High motivation and commitment to completing the program
WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
Accountants’ Bridging Program is offered at:
- EMCN Nova Plaza - 8914 - 118 Avenue NW, 780 421 7400 with customized accounting courses taken at NAIT, 11762 106 St NW
HOW TO ACCESS SERVICES
All interested applicants are required to write a basic accounting fundamentals examination in order to determine application eligibility. The application deadline for the September program is May 30th.