JOB READY PROGRAM
Job Ready equips newcomers of all educational backgrounds and levels of experience with employment-related skills and supports to access, and succeed in, the Canadian labour market.
WHAT WE OFFER
Newcomers will benefit from:
- Assistance with creating a realistic strengths-based career plan
- Help with researching labour market and finding employment, education or volunteer opportunities
- Support with creating targeted resumes and cover letters
- Coaching on interview techniques and job search strategies
- Training to understand cultural aspects of success in the Canadian workplace
- Help to understand hiring practices, Alberta employment customs and workplace responsibilities
- Educational Planning
- Direct connections with local employers
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK
Through a series of individualized coaching sessions with Job Ready team members and purposeful training that will speak to each individual’s needs as it pertains to their long-term employment success, clients have the opportunity to enhance existing skills and build new skills which will lead to more successful employment outcomes and enhanced job retention.
WHO CAN ACCESS THESE SERVICES?
Newcomers are eligible to access the Job Ready program if they meet the following criteria:
- Immigrant Albertans who are Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents of Canada, or Refugees under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act who have been given convention refugee status, and have been issued a ‘Notice of Decision’ and, have a valid Work Permit
WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
Job Ready programming is offered at the following locations:
- EMCN Main - 11713 - 82 Street NW, 780 424 7709
- EMCN West End Community Connections - 10030 - 167 Street NW, 780 489 7004
- Welcome Centre for Immigrants, Suite 200, Tower II, Millbourne Mall, 7609 38 Ave Millwoods Road NW, (780) 780 462 6924
- EMCN Nova Plaza - 8914 - 118 Avenue NW, 780 421 7400
HOW TO ACCESS SERVICES
Contact us at one of the locations above to schedule a meeting with a Job Ready team member.