ENGINEERS’ AND TECHNOLOGISTS’ INTEGRATION PROGRAM
The Engineers’ and Technologists’ Integration Program assists internationally educated engineering professionals to rapidly and effectively integrate into the Alberta engineering workplace. The program is delivered in partnership with the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) and the Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET).
WHAT WE OFFER
Graduates of Engineers’ and Technologists’ Integration Program benefit from:
- Engineering business communication proficiency and understanding of the Canadian engineering workplace culture
- Adapted and improved technological skills up to Canadian standards
- Increased computer skills in the areas of MS Office, MS Project and AutoCAD
- Awareness of the labour market trends and increase in your ability to conduct a successful job search
- NAIT Continuing Education Certificate
- Professional recognition and membership in a Canadian association recognized worldwide
- Ability to apply for a Technologist in Training Membership with ASET
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK
This program is delivered each January for mechanical, and/or instrumentation and automation engineering programs and beginning in June for the civil engineering program. The program is full time, for 11 months in duration and includes:
- Four months in-class at EMCN enhancing business communication and Canadian workplace cultural skills
- Four months in-class at NAIT acquiring a Continuing Education Certificate
- Three months of supported job search
WHO CAN ACCESS THESE SERVICES?
Candidates must fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Graduate of a degree program from an international institution with significant study and experience in the engineering field
- Unemployed or marginally employed
- Permanent resident or new Canadian Citizen; resident of Alberta
- Language proficiency of Canadian Language Benchmark 6 or higher in all areas: reading, writing, speaking and listening
- High motivation and commitment to completing the program
WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
ETIP is offered at:
- EMCN Central - 10170 - 112 Street NW, 780 421 7400 with customized accounting courses taken at NAIT, 11762 106 St NW
HOW TO ACCESS SERVICES
All interested applicants should attend an information session. The application deadline for January programs is September 15. The deadline for the June program is March 1.