PAYROLL PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM
The Payroll Professional Program is designed for learners interested in developing a strong foundation in the payroll field. Delivered in partnership with Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT), participants develop skills to succeed in fast-paced, challenging payroll environments.
WHAT WE OFFER
Graduates of Payroll Professional Program benefit from:
- Opportunity to adapt and improve existing skills to Canadian standards
- Enhance knowledge in Administration and Management, Clerical, Accounting, Personal service and Human Resources
- Training in areas of business communications, time management, change management, networking and computers
- A continuing education certificate and all required courses for their Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation
- Opportunity to participate in networking sessions with industry professionals
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK
This program is delivered once yearly beginning in May to 14 eligible applicants. The program is full-time, for 11 months in duration and includes:
- Four months in-class at the Edmonton Mennonite Centre for Newcomers developing English language workplace communication skills and computer skills
- Six months in-class at NAIT completing 450 hours of coursework towards the Payroll Compliance Practitioner designation
- One month of supported job search
WHO CAN ACCESS THESE SERVICES?
Candidates must fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Minimum High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) Certificate
- Unemployed or marginally employed
- Canadian born and/or aboriginal graduate
- Permanent resident or new Canadian Citizen; resident of Alberta
- Language proficiency of Canadian Language Benchmark 5 or higher in all areas: reading, writing, speaking and listening
- High motivation and commitment to completing the program
WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
Payroll Professional Program is offered at:
- EMCN Central - 10170 - 112 Street NW, 780 421 7400 with payroll practitioner courses taken at NAIT, 11762 106 St NW
HOW TO ACCESS SERVICES
All interested applicants are required to write and pass a basic mathematics examination in order to determine application eligibility. The application deadline for the May program is February 15.