ADVANCED CONSULTING FOR EDUCATION (ACE) TESOL CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
ACE (Advanced Consulting for Education) is a nationally recognized provider of teacher training. EMCN collaborates with ACE to deliver the TESOL Certificate Program for aspiring teachers of adult English language learners.
WHAT WE OFFER
Participants in the Certificate Program will benefit from:
- An introductory English as a Second Language teacher training course that will provide you with the tools, strategies and knowledge to be successful as an English language teacher of adults.
- The most current teaching methodologies, with a strong emphasis on practical teaching skills, and uses interactive classroom experiences as well as teaching demonstrations to enhance each participants learning experience
- The ACE TESOL Certificate, with the 20-hour practicum, is recognized by TESL Canada for Professional Certificate Standard One
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK
This program is delivered twice yearly to 10 participants on a first come, first served basis. The program is part-time, for 9 weeks in duration and includes:
- Classroom learning: Mondays and Wednesdays 6:00 pm - 9:15 pm and Saturdays 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- A requirement to complete 6 hours of class room observation
- A 20 hour practicum placement
For more information on the ACE TESOL Certificate course, visit www.aceducation.ca
WHO CAN ACCESS THESE SERVICES?
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Strong proficiency in English. Applicants whose first language is not English must provide proof of language proficiency. Accepted proficiency tests and scores needed include:
- TOEFL iBT: Overall score of 101; minimum scores required in each skill (Listening: 23; Reading: 24; Speaking: 27; Writing: 27)
- IELTS Academic: Overall score of 7; minimum scores required in each skill (Listening: 7; Reading: 7, Speaking: 7; Writing: 7)
- Please check the TESL Canada website for a complete list of standardized proficiency tests and scores.
Required Bachelor’s Degree (with any major) from an accredited postsecondary institution
- If your degree is from outside of Canada, additional actions may be required to prove equivalency to Canadian education standards.
- Able to pay the course fee of $2100 plus a materials fee of $75 in full prior to commencement of the program.
WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
Participants accepted in the ACE TESOL Certificate program are placed at either the EMCN Northeast location (11713 – 82 Street NW) or at EMCN Eastwood 12023-81 Street NW
HOW TO ACCESS SERVICES
Complete the application form and submit it within the application period to EMCN Attention: Meghan Klettke with a non-refundable deposit of $100.
Ways to submit your application:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail or in person: EMCN, 11713 – 82 Street NW, Edmonton, AB, T5B 2V9. Please note that the maximum number of participants each term is 10. Only fully completed applications with all eligibility requirements met will be reviewed. Applications will be reviewed at the conclusion of the application acceptance period and successful applicants will be contacted.