55+ COMMUNITY ENGLISH AS ANOTHER LANGUAGE
English as Another Language (EAL) classes are open to individuals who are 55+ whose first language is not english. These classes are offered in various locations throughout Edmonton.
WHAT WE OFFER
Learners benefit from:
- A fun learning environment with activities and games
- The chance to practice English in a caring, non-judgmental setting
- Improved vocabulary, grammar, reading comprehension and conversational skills
- Information and access to community resources through field trips and guest speakers
- A new social network
- Individualized supports beyond the classroom
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK
Classes run throughout the year at various locations around Edmonton. When not in class, individuals have access to a Community Connector to support them in accessing community resources and organizations.
WHO CAN ACCESS THESE SERVICES?
Learners must fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Individuals who have a beginner or low intermediate level of English
- 55 years of age or older
WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
55+ Community EAL is offered at several locations in Edmonton. Current locations and schedules are as follows:
- Southside Primary Care Network - 3110 Calgary Trail
- Clareview Multicultural Centre - 3804 139 Ave NW
- EMCN West - 10030 - 167 Street NW
- EMCN Eastwood - 12023 81 St NW, Room 103
HOW TO ACCESS SERVICES
Contact Linda today to secure a seat in a class!