COMMUNITY ENGLISH AS ANOTHER LANGUAGE
English as Another Language (EAL) classes are open to individuals whose first language is not english. These classes are offered in various locations throughout Edmonton.
WHAT WE OFFER
Learners benefit from:
- A fun learning environment with activities and games
- The chance to practice English in a caring, non-judgmental setting
- Improved vocabulary, grammar, reading comprehension and conversational skills
- Information and access to community resources through field trips and guest speakers
- A new social network
- Individualized supports beyond the classroom
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK
Classes run throughout the year at various locations around Edmonton. When not in class, individuals have access to a Community Connector to support them in accessing community resources and organizations.
WHO CAN ACCESS THESE SERVICES?
Learners must fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Individuals who have a beginner or low intermediate level of English
WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
Community EAL is offered at several locations in Edmonton. Current locations and schedules are as follows:
- Southside Primary Care Network - 3110 Calgary Trail
- Clareview Multicultural Centre - 3804 139 Ave NW
- EMCN West - 10030 - 167 Street NW
- EMCN Eastwood - 12023 81 St NW, Room 103
HOW TO ACCESS SERVICES
Contact Linda today to secure a seat in a class!