SETTLEMENT ORIENTATION SERVICES
We provide newcomers with relevant, accurate, consistent, and timely information that is needed to make informed settlement decisions. We help newcomers understand life in Canada, including laws, rights, and the democratic system. With the right tools, individuals take charge of their own settlement and integration journeys and can effectively navigate Canadian systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
Newcomers benefit from:
- Assistance with accessing health care, housing, income support, food resources and transportation
- Services are offered in various languages by staff or we can provide interpretation
- Assistance completing government forms and advocacy to access government programs and offices
- Immigration related information and referrals
- Commissioner of Oaths service
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK
Through one or more sessions with a Settlement Practitioner, clients will make progress towards their personal settlement goals. Settlement practitioners work closely with other departments at EMCN to provide opportunities for clients based on their unique needs.
WHO CAN ACCESS THESE SERVICES?
Newcomers are eligible to access Settlement Services if they meet the following criteria:
- Permanent resident
- Convention Refugee
- Live-in Caregiver, or
- Protected Person as defined in Section 95 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
Settlement Services are offered at the following locations:
- EMCN Northeast - 11713 – 82 Street NW - 780 424 7709
- EMCN West End Community Connections - 10030 – 167 Street NW - 780 489 7004
- Welcome Centre for Immigrants - Suite 200, Tower II, Millbourne Mall, 7609 38 Ave Millwoods Road NW - 780 462 6924
- EMCN Nova Plaza - 8914 - 118 Avenue NW 780 421 7400
HOW TO ACCESS SERVICES
Contact us at one of the locations above to schedule an appointment with a Settlement Practitioner.