Are you an Immigrant, Canadian-born or Aboriginal who is considering a career as a Payroll Clerk?
If so, our Payroll Professional Program can help you get started.
This program, in partnership with the NAIT and Alberta Human Services, will enable graduates to:
• Improve business communication skills
• Enhance knowledge in Administration and Management, Clerical, Accounting, Personal service and Human Resources
• Adapt and improve existing skills to Canadian standards
• Work towards upgrading education to advance within a career in finance
- Thinking of applying?
What does a payroll professional do?
• Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions
• Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into computers
• Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from the time sheets
• Record employee time information in order to maintain and update payroll records
• Continuously remain aware of tax and deduction laws changes
What do payroll professionals earn?
• Payroll Clerk salaries range from $34,000 at the junior level up to $88,500 at the senior manager level
Who is PPP for?
PPP is open to:
• Landed immigrants or Canadian citizens with a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
• Canadian-born or Aboriginal graduated from Grade 12 or have passed the Tests of General Educational Development (GED)
• Alberta permanent residents
• Those with a language proficiency of CLBA 5 or higher in all areas: reading, writing, speaking and listening
• Someone with high motivation and commitment to completing the program
When does PPP begin?
We offer 1 program each year:
• Program begins in May of every year
Is there a deadline for applications?
Yes. The Deadline is:
• May program application deadline: February 15th
How long is PPP?
The program is:
• 12 months, full time
How do you get more information?
The best way to learn more is to contact program staff:
• All interested applicants are requires to write, and pass, a basic mathematics examination in order to determine application eligibility
For more information please call: 780-421-7400 or email PCP@emcn.ab.ca
- Thinking of hiring?