Part-time LINC English classes, for permanent residents living in Edmonton, are offered at the main EMCN location at 11713 – 82 Street NW.
Registration hours are Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30am to 7:00pm, Wednesdays from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Please bring your Permanent Resident card and your LINC card.
Literacy to LINC 5 classes are offered:
• Morning: Monday to Friday: 9:00 am -12:00 noon
• Afternoon: Monday to Friday: 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
• Evening: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
There is a waiting list for most levels.
FREE childcare is provided in the morning and afternoon classes at EMCN for children ages 6 months to 5 years. Please note that space is limited and there is a waiting list.
LINC for Seniors is offered:
Literacy to LINC 2 classes are offered Monday to Thursday from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. at 14320 – 94 Street, in south Edmonton.
Classes are held in the fall, winter and spring with a break during July and August.
Register at EMCN on 11713-82 Street as there is a waiting list.
LINC Cards are needed to register for LINC Classes.
To obtain the LINC card, Permanent residents must take an assessment test to get their LINC card. The procedure to get the card is as follows:
• Newcomers must visit Catholic Social Services at 10709 105 Street NW to make an appointment for an assessment test.
• Newcomers must bring their permanent resident card to make an appointment.
• Bring your LINC card and permanent resident card to EMCN to register for LINC classes.
LINC classes are funded by the Government of Canada, Citizen and Immigration.
For more information, please call Zige at 780-423-9678 or Rose at 780-9676.