Learners in Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) classes
anywhere in Edmonton may be eligible for childcare at no cost in a licensed daycare or
day home for children aged 5 or younger under the Community-Based Care for
Newcomer Children (CBCNC) program.
~ According to Alberta Government Subsidy Guidelines
The CBCNC program is also supported by EMCN’s settlement team for LINC students.
- Immigration status – Permanent Resident
- Children – Pre-school aged children or children in half-day kindergarten
- Family Income – Family income according to Alberta Government subsidy guidelines
- CLB Level – Canadian Language Benchmark Level will be assessed and you must qualify for LINC school.
- LINC School – Secured a space in a LINC school
- Financial Assistance – Require financial assistance in order to attend LINC school
- One-on-One Meeting
Meet with one of our EMCN counsellors to ensure you meet all eligibility requirements.
- Required Documents
Confirm all required documents are shared, such as:
+ LINC school acceptance letter
+ Permanent Resident card
+ Birth certificate or healthcare card for each child
+ Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Tax Assessment
(latest tax information)
- Daycare Selection
Assistance in finding a childcare facility close to your home or LINC school.
find out more
Read the brochure or contact EMCN to find out more.
- Yohannes Yirsaw – EMCN CBCNC Program Coordinator
- EMCN Office
11713 82 ST NW
Edmonton, AB T5B 2V9