COMMUNITY ENGLISH AS ANOTHER LANGUAGE (EAL)
English as Another Language (EAL) classes are open to people whose first language is not English. Classes are offered in various locations throughout Edmonton.
WHAT DOES EAL CLASS OFFER:
- Fun learning environment with activities and games
- Opportunities to practice English in a caring, non-judgmental setting
- Improved vocabulary, grammar, reading comprehension and conversational skills
- Information and access to community resources through field trips and guest speakers
- The chance to meet new people and make friends
- Tailored supports beyond the classroom
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
EAL classes run throughout the year at various locations around Edmonton. When not in class, learners can connect with an EMCN Community Connector for assistance to access community resources, programs and services throughout Edmonton.
IS THIS PROGRAM FOR ME?
The program is best suited for beginner and intermediate English learners.