Building technical culinary and employment skills through Red Seal Chef mentorship and practical kitchen experience to be able to work in all aspects of the food service industry.
EMCN culinary skills training program
This program is a hands-on training introduction for anyone seeking to enter any aspect of the food service and hospitality industry from fine dining chef to catering, to food truck or largescale production or institutional careers—this is your starting point!
We give you the opportunity to learn how to work in all aspects of the food service industry or possibly even open up your own restaurant!
- A 12-week program that’s PAID with:
+ 8 weeks of intensive training on essential kitchen skills
+ 4-week practicum with a local business partner
- Real kitchen experience and instruction from Red Seal Chef Daniel Huber on etiquette, essential professional kitchen and technical skills, as well as designing, preparing, cooking and plating dishes.
- Their own uniforms.
- Transit passes (if required).
- Various life and employment skills taught by the Essential Skills Facilitator Mikayla Stevens, such as:
+ Navigating your job search,
+ Sustaining healthy real-world skill sets in your culinary field pursuits.
+ Mentorship over an additional 12-weeks of work experience.
Graduates also receive tools of the trade, a premium knife kit that’s sourced locally and developed internationally.
who can access the program
To be able to participate in this program, candidates:
- Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Must have basic Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 4 English language skills or higher.
Program runs Mondays to Fridays from 8 am—4 pm.
Program is available at EMCN Central location:
10170 112 ST NW—Edmonton