ADVANCED CONSULTING FOR EDUCATION (ACE) TESOL CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
ACE (Advanced Consulting for Education) is a nationally recognized provider of training for teachers. EMCN collaborates with ACE to deliver the TESOL Certificate Program for aspiring teachers of adult English language learners.
WHAT WE OFFER
Participants in the Certificate Program will benefit from:
- An introductory English as a Second Language teacher training course will provide you with the tools, strategies and knowledge to succeed as an English language teacher to adults.
- The most current teaching methodologies, with a strong emphasis on practical teaching skills, use interactive experiences and teaching demonstrations to enhance the learning experience.
- TESL Canada recognizes a 20-hour practicum for Professional Certificate Standard One.
- A Pre-ACE Training program will prepare you for our organization’s online teaching and learning platforms.
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK
This program is delivered twice a year (Spring and Fall) to 10 participants per cohort. The program begins with a pre-ACE training component, then an intensive 9-week synchronously online program, and ends with a practicum placement.
- 18 synchronous online hours of mandatory Pre-ACE Training on online learning and teaching platforms needed for the program
- 100 hours of theory, methodology and online class time and work over 9 weeks; synchronous online classes are:
- Mondays and Wednesdays 6:00 pm – 9:15 pm
- Saturdays 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- A 20-hour practicum placement
- 6 hours of classroom observation
- Minimum of 14 hours of dedicated practicum placement with supervision
- Most students must dedicate 10-15 hours per week outside class time
- Spring 2023: March/April-July 2023 – Dates TBA
- Fall 2023: August/September-December 2023 – Dates TBA
- Spring 2024: March/April-July 2024 – Dates TBA
- Fall 2024: August/September-December 2024 – Dates TBA
Course updates will be available here: Active ACE Poster **There will be no posters in this link until details of upcoming courses are finalized**
For more information on the ACE TESOL Certificate course, visit www.aceducation.ca
WHO CAN ACCESS THESE SERVICES?
Adults interested in becoming English teachers or improving their ability to assess and work with language learners must meet both the language and educational requirements.
- Language Proficiency
|English Language Proficiency Tests||Score – Program Trainees|
|TOEFL iBT||Overall 101 with a minimum of 23 in Listening, 24 in Reading, 27 in Speaking and 27 in Writing|
|IELTS Academic||Overall, 7 with a minimum of 7 in each skill area|
|*IELTS Indicator will be accepted as a valid proof of English Language Proficiency until F2F testing centres reopen||Overall, 7 with a minimum of 7 in each skill area|
IELTS testing centre for Edmonton: https://www.idp.com/canada/ielts/book-ielts/edmonton/
- Post-secondary bachelor’s degree in any field to apply. Applicants from outside Canada must provide Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).
- $2500 CND plus the cost of materials and book(s).
WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
- Practicum Placements are at EMCN’s Language Centre 11713 – 82 Street NW, Edmonton, AB.
HOW TO ACCESS SERVICES
Please contact Meghan Klettke at email@example.com or 587-984-7422 for more information.
Only fully completed applications with all eligibility requirements met will be reviewed. Applications will be reviewed after the application acceptance period, and successful applicants will be contacted.