Sky Club Volunteers meet with groups of children and teenagers on Saturday, provide academic support, and lead sports and creative activities. You don’t need to be a teacher, but you should enjoy helping young people learn and are welcome to come up with creative and fun ways to do that. Experience channeling the energy of children and involving them in activities is welcome. EMCN staff are always present to provide guidance and support. Join us for this rewarding volunteer activity!
- Sit in groups with 2-4 children & provide academic support in classroom
- Provide one on one academic support for children or Youth if needed/assigned
- Create a positive space for the participants to learn
- Engage with children through play and learning
- Encourage the children & youth to express themselves and join activities
- Help the participants to build good communication skills
To Volunteer in this Role You Should:
- Enjoy working with children and youth
- Be flexible and patient
- Communicate well
- Be mature and reliable
- Respect people of all cultures
- Know how to channel youthful energy into learning activities
- Maintain good personal boundaries
- Know English, math, science and/or social studies at an elementary, junior high or high school level
- Cooperate well with agency staff
4+ hours per week for a minimum commitment of 3-4 months
|Location||Time||Start Date||End Date||Address|
|EMCN – SKY Club||Saturday 10:00 – 2:00pm
(Tutoring time 10 – 12pm & play or activities time 12:00pm to 2:00pm, volunteer tutors are not expected to stay after 12:00pm)
|September 10, 2022||December 17, 2022||To be shared closer to September|
*** Police Check and Intervention Record Check are required for this role, and this volunteer placement will start in September.
EMCN runs programs for immigrants and refugees in the Edmonton area. We look forward to getting to know you as together we bring services and friendship to newcomers in Canada.