Volunteer with EMcn
Thank you for considering the Edmonton Mennonite Centre for Newcomers as a place to volunteer your talents! EMCN’s nearly 100 volunteers are the backbone of EMCN, helping newcomers build their new lives in Edmonton.
While our volunteers come from diverse walks of life, they share their passion for community and desire to make a meaningful difference and make lasting friendships from around the world. Join our team of exceptional volunteers today!
What We Can Offer You
In addition to gaining a sense of camaraderie among some really great like-minded volunteers, the benefits of volunteering with EMCN include:
- Helping newcomers learn English
- Making new friends
- Meeting people from other cultures
- Learning new skills
- Gaining valuable work experience
- Building a welcoming, multicultural Edmonton
- Making a difference in your community
What We Expect from You
At EMCN, we do our best to vet some of Edmonton’s finest and most caring people. We expect our volunteers to conduct themselves with respect and professionalism. That means:
- We treat all clients, staff, and volunteers with respect
- Volunteers will commit to at least 3 months at a time, as most of our programs require time to build trust with clients.
- Volunteers will also be willing to be present, participate fully, and take direction
- Communicate and work well with the team.